Sunday 1 May 2011

Coldplay's "Christmas Lights"



In November 2010 I helped on the day of Coldplay's Christmas Light's shoot. It was a very very long and cold day, 19 hours in total, 8am until 4am the next day. I don't think I have ever been so cold in my life. Painting some of the scenery with numb fingers proved to be very difficult. The set was beautifully designed by Misty Buckley and built on the Southbank near the National Theatre. I arrived when the stage looked a bit like the photo above and straight away I felt at home due to the theatrical aspect of the set. It was the exactly to my taste, with the lanterns and layered details. I just loved it. I helped by painting a few details and working on the curtains at the sides of the stage. We dressed the set and then spent most of the time waiting backstage until our big moment - pulling back a piece of scenery on cue..
It was a great day and even though I was so freezing and had about 4 hours sleep that night it was definitely an experience I wouldn't have missed.
I've put a link to Pulse Film's website below where you can see the video in full

(the pictures in this Coldplay blog were not taken by me. I found them on the internet.. just to clarify!)






No comments:

Post a Comment